• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How can I verify all my photos are in LRC before deleting all photos in cloud (LR)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylfromjax

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been using LRC for years. Then, I heard that I could sync my iphone photos into LR. After that I would have in LRC.

That is my understanding.

My possible mistake:
I think I started to SYNC my LRC photos to the cloud besides uploading from my Iphone. My 20 GB storage filled quickly.
In LRC, I copied from folder 'All Synced Photographs' to folder 'unclassified' (folder I defined on my hard drive).

Now, I want to use LRC mainly and only sometimes have one collection synced with LR so that I could work on.

QUESTION: Before deleting all my SYNCed photos, how can I make sure all my photos are on my local drive and in LRC? Will deleting the SYNCed photos in LR, affect my photos in LRC?
What steps should I take? I've done random spot checks. Can I count on that?

Thank you!

In the Catalog section there is a special collection called “All Synched Photographs” It contains all of the Lightroom Classic inventory that has Synched to or from the Lightroom Cloud. If you remove images from this special collection, you will remove them from the cloud.

Images Synched from the cloud are counted in the 20GB storage limits. Image files that you Synched FROM the Lightroom catalog are proxy images and do not count toward your 20GB plan limits.

In the Catalog section there is a special collection called “All Synched Photographs” It contains all of the Lightroom Classic inventory that has Synched to or from the Lightroom Cloud. If you remove images from this special collection, you will remove them from the cloud.

Images Synched from the cloud are counted in the 20GB storage limits. Image files that you Synched FROM the Lightroom catalog are proxy images and do not count toward your 20GB plan limits.
I want to be sure that all the images taken with my LR camera app on my Iphone sync down to LRC. Most important I want all synced LR camera shots to be stored as full resolution negatives files on my external Hard drive. Most of my major workflow and organization is done in LRC so I want to remove t
he synced photos from LR once they are saved as files like the rest of my LRC photos.

what are the steps to do this?

what are the steps to do this?
  1. Click on the 'Cloud" icon on the right of the Module Picker Panel.
  2. Verify that Local Activity has synched.
  3. Click on the "Gear" to expose the Lightroom Preferences /Lightroom Sync tab
  4. Note that the sync Activity is complete (0 uploading, 0 downloading, 0 Pending
    1. At this point you might want to change the Synched images default folder. If you are using a date based folder scheme in Lightroom Classic you can set the cloud sync scheme to be the same date based folder locations and then you won't ever have to move them.
    2. Close Preferences
  5. Click on the All Synched Photographs special collection in the Catalog panel.
  6. Create a metadata filter on at least two columns. {Camera} & {File Type}
  7. Find your phone in the camera column.
  8. Find your files type in the {File Type} column
  9. Verify that the counts agree with the images in Lightroom for that phone
  10. If you have more phones, repeat.
  11. Once you have verified that all of the phone images are in the "All Synched Photographs" special collection you are ready to REMOVE these from the special collection.
  12. Still using this metadata filter, select the JPEGs and/or HEIC images to be REMOVED from this metadata filter.
  13. Right Click on a Selected image to bring up the Context menu
  14. Choose "Remove from all Synched Photographs"
  15. At this point Lightroom Classic will remove the selected images from all Synched Photographs AND the Lightroom cloud storage plan.
After you have removed your phone full size image from the "all Synched Photographs collection, If you want some of these images to be in the cloud AND not use your Plan Storage Limits, you can then find and add these images to "all Synched Photographs" in your Lightroom Catalog and Lightroom classic will proceed to put smart Previews (DNGs) in your Lightroom cloud

1. Click on the 'Cloud" icon on the right of the Module Picker Panel.
  2. Verify that Local Activity has synched.
  3. Click on the "Gear" to expose the Lightroom Preferences /Lightroom Sync tab
  4. Note that the sync Activity is complete (0 uploading, 0 downloading, 0 Pending
    1. At this point you might want to change the Synched images default folder. If you are using a date based folder scheme in Lightroom Classic you can set the cloud sync scheme to be the same date based folder locations and then you won't ever have to move them.
    2. Close Preferences
  5. Click on the All Synched Photographs special collection in the Catalog panel.
  6. Create a metadata filter on at least two columns. {Camera} & {File Type}
  7. Find your phone in the camera column.
  8. Find your files type in the {File Type} column
  9. Verify that the counts agree with the images in Lightroom for that phone
  10. If you have more phones, repeat.
  11. Once you have verified that all of the phone images are in the "All Synched Photographs" special collection you are ready to REMOVE these from the special collection.
  12. Still using this metadata filter, select the JPEGs and/or HEIC images to be REMOVED from this metadata filter.
  13. Right Click on a Selected image to bring up the Context menu
  14. Choose "Remove from all Synched Photographs"
  15. At this point Lightroom Classic will remove the selected images from all Synched Photographs AND the Lightroom cloud storage plan.
After you have removed your phone full size image from the "all Synched Photographs collection, If you want some of these images to be in the cloud AND not use your Plan Storage Limits, you can then find and add these images to "all Synched Photographs" in your Lightroom Catalog and Lightroom classic will proceed to put smart Previews (DNGs) in your Lightroom cloud
whow! thank you that is so clear and detailed. One question : Will I now have physical copies of the original negatives in the folders on my hard drive or do I just have virtual copies in lightroom? I use a Date structure by month. I will set LR to the same format as you suggested. It sounds like when I do that I do not need to do anything else they will be mixed in with my other photos from that month.

whow! thank you that is so clear and detailed. One question : Will I now have physical copies of the original negatives in the folders on my hard drive or do I just have virtual copies in lightroom? I use a Date structure by month. I will set LR to the same format as you suggested. It sounds like when I do that I do not need to do anything else they will be mixed in with my other photos from that month.

Lightroom syncs full size original images from the cloud to the master catalog on the master machine. Using the date structure option will put the images in the same folders as images imported locally. There is no such thing as a virtual image copy. There is a Master copy of the edit adjustments and there can be one or more additional copies of the edit adjustments called “virtual copies”

You should not need to do anything else. I use the iPadPro as a front end to my master catalog, importing all of my images from my Nikon camera as well as my iPhone Photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back