• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How can I find missing files inside a single folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralf11

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
LR lost track of > 250 files (NO - I didn't move or delete them in the OS) for some reason.

I am trying to find the most efficient way to recover them from backups, or find them if still on the disk.

The most efficient way is probably to replace the entire folder from a backup, so you don’t have to find out which image is missing and which image is not.

can't do that as I'd lose a LOT of Develop settings

Right now I just want to find missing files inside a single folder

You wouldn't lose any develop settings at all. The develop settings are stored in the catalogue, not in the image files.

Hi Ralf, check the filename of one of the missing photos and then use Spotlight to try to find it on your hard drive. That might offer some clues as to why there missing, as well as making it possible to reconnect them.

I've done that - thanks

All I want to do right now is to search in a specific folder in LR6 for missing files.

OR, sort so they are at top or bottom.

Is that not possible??

Ok, right-click on the folder, choose synchronize folder and press the Show Missing Photos button (don't press Synchronize).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back