• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

High Resolution Screens (was HDR)

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Latest
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I can find nothing whatsoever on Adobe's own site or on any forum here to do with 4K (or better) monitors and whether these 'work' with any version of Lightroom or any other Adobe photo app. Surely I am not searching intelligently? Yet no conceivable search terms yield any useful results. Meanwhile I am increasingly fed-up with the rendition of my high-res photos by a standard video 'card' on a once-excellent but standard-res Benq screen. Help!

Thanks everyone!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for them to be considered “working” but I use a 5k screen and everything works as expected. A bit slower than a standard res screen, because there’s more pixels to render, but otherwise no issues.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I use two 4K screens and Lightroom Classic is happy with that too. Lightroom desktop (you only write ‘latest’ as version, so we have no idea what version of Lightroom you use…) only uses one screen, but it isn’t bothered in any way by the presence of the other one.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for them to be considered “working” but I use a 5k screen and everything works as expected. A bit slower than a standard res screen, because there’s more pixels to render, but otherwise no issues.
Thankyou Victoria. As rendition is already a touch on the slow side in my current set-up, this looks like a 'project' for a new graphics card / PC. (Windows 11 anyone? :( )

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Good luck finding a graphics card, I've been trying to get a new one for a year. If you buy a new PC you may have better luck (especially from high end folks like Puget). I personally wouldn't put in Windows 11 yet, but would make sure anything you buy passes their compatibility test.