• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

"Hide Lightroom" Command is Grayed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 Perpetual
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
On my macpro desktop running el capitan version 10.11.6 and using Lightroom 6 perpetual I can click on "Lightroom" in the menu bar and choose "Hide Lightroom " from the drop down menu. On my macbook running high sierra 10.13.6 that command is often, but not always, grayed out.

Usually the "Hide Lightroom " menu option is only grayed out when Lightroom is the only open app and there are no other windows to show if Lightroom is hidden.

It's greyed out when you have hidden all other apps (including the Finder).

Mojave + LTR6.14:
Even when I quit all visible items and have no app visible on the screen, "Hide Lightroom" is not greyed out, and it just "hides" LTR when chosen.

Mojave + LTR6.14:
Even when I quit all visible items and have no app visible on the screen, "Hide Lightroom" is not greyed out, and it just "hides" LTR when chosen.
The Finder is probably still visible. Try this. When in Lightroom, choose ‘Hide others’. Then check the ‘Hide Lightroom’ menu...

Goedemorgen Johan,
I chose 'hide others' but then 'hide Lightroom' is greyed out too.
Lex

Goedemorgen Johan,
Lex

This is what Johan was asking you to demonstrate. When all of the other apps windows are hidden, then you can not hide Lightroom’s window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goedemorgen Johan,
Lex
That was exactly my point. You said ’Hide Lightroom’ was not hidden even though you had no other apps visible on screen, but you always have at least one other app running: the Macintosh Finder. By choosing ‘Hide others’ you will hide the Finder too, and now ‘Hide Lightroom’ will be greyed out because it is the last app that is not hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back