• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

hide contents of sub folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there. I'm wondering if there is any way to not show the images in sub folders when at the containing folder level. eg. There may be 1000 images in the parent folder 20190309, but I've purposefully separated the ones I want to work with into sub folders like:

Preparation
Arrival
Pre-ceremony and Candids
Ceremony
Departure
Formals
Wedding Party
Family
Reception
Candids and setting
Speeches
First dances

There are still hundreds of photos that aren't in any of those sub folders and sometimes I'd just like to see those, but if I position my cursor on 20190309 all the photos show up whether or not they are in a sub folder. As I think about this I guess I could keyword all those in each category as such and then use ratings and/or colors to identify them.
Perhaps that's a better way but I thought I'd ask about this to see if I've missed something.
Thanks

Library Menu>uncheck the option to "Show Photos in Subfolders". With that option unchecked when you select a folder that contains sub-folders, you'll only see the photos in the selected folder.

One point I've found is that 'Show Photos in Subfolders' is also respected in Filters. In other words, if you are looking for pictures across subfolders, you need to enable 'Show Photos in Subfolders'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back