• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Hidden folders and albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

art-alexion.co

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Mobile 8.2.0, Desktop 6.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
  2. iOS
This is happening with both cloud based desktop and Lr Mobile.

Al of a sudden an entire folder “tree“ is gone. If I go to the Shared tab on the desktop, I can see the albums that are shared, but no where to be found on the default browsing tab. I can only guess that they are hidden.

How do I unhide them? What else could it be?

Web searches only discuss Classic which I am not using.

Solution
Could it be that the "missing" albums are in a different folder to the one you thought they were in? Have you checked all the folders for the missing albums?
Could it be that the "missing" albums are in a different folder to the one you thought they were in? Have you checked all the folders for the missing albums?

Solution
This is happening with both cloud based desktop and Lr Mobile.

Al of a sudden an entire folder “tree“ is gone. If I go to the Shared tab on the desktop, I can see the albums that are shared, but no where to be found on the default browsing tab. I can only guess that they are hidden.

How do I unhide them? What else could it be?

Web searches only discuss Classic which I am not using.
I found the problem. I hadn’t inadvertently hidden. I inadvertently moved the tree to another folder. Thanks for your help

Good to hear.

That was always likely to be the case, as I'm pretty sure there's no way to "hide" an album, so it's a safe bet that if it appears in the Shared list then it'll also be somewhere in the main Albums list.

There's not a direct search (for an album or a folder), but the main facet search bar does have an Album facet. That lists all albums in the library, but listed in Folder>Album order....which isn't so great for finding an album when you don't know which folder it might be in.

@Jim Wilde @art-alexion.co

Approach it from the other direction. On LrD, search for an image you know is in the album. Select the information panel. On the bottom of the panel is the list of albums to which the image belongs. Click on any album, it will open the album for you, and select in the tree on the left panels.

Tim

Good to hear.

That was always likely to be the case, as I'm pretty sure there's no way to "hide" an album, so it's a safe bet that if it appears in the Shared list then it'll also be somewhere in the main Albums list.

There's not a direct search (for an album or a folder), but the main facet search bar does have an Album facet. That lists all albums in the library, but listed in Folder>Album order....which isn't so great for finding an album when you don't know which folder it might be in.
Yeah, could use a hierarchical view like the Mac file dialog drop-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back