Hi from South Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barryboy

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi.... New member here. I have had LR6.1 on my PC for over a year now but I really don't use it at all, using PS2014 in the main. I have real difficulty getting my head around the problem of getting the photos into LR in the first place and that has put me off - surely I'm not the only one who has this problem? It may well be something quite basic to the expert users but call me "old thicky thicko" if you like - I really struggle!

I attended a demo at my local camera club which seriously impressed me and made me determined to get to grips with LR and not to let the darn program defeat me. Hopefully I can get some support and encouragement from the member base here and become a little more proficient.

Here's hoping :)
Rob

getting the photos into LR
Welcome to the forum. Here is a concept that you need to grasp. Your images are not "in" LR. Their location is referenced by LR and this is stored in the catalog file. Using the import function, you can Copy, Move or Add an image reference to the LR Catalog The location of the image file depends upon the Destination chosen for moving or copying. Add takes the source location and leaves the file where it currently is located and the Source location gets referenced by LR. In addition to these three options with source images you can convert the image to DNG format using "Copy as DNG" and this new DNG file becomes the one referenced by LR.
As Jim has suggested, the free Quick Start e-book is a good place to start. If you would like additional "hand holding" beyond what is in Victoria's e-book. Ask a specific question and we can walk you through the first import process.

Welcome aboard Rob. You’ll find us a friendly bunch, so have a read of that ebook then make yourself at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back