Status
Not open for further replies.

mlondon

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi All,
My name is Matthew. I'm a professional photographer/author/publisher about to release my book The Spirit of Tea (www.spiritoftea.net). I was an Aperture user for years, and even was certified to teach Aperture. I used the application to edit over 120,000 images I made for my book, and cant imaging having done it without Aperture's combination of keywords, smart albums, etc. But, alas Apple pulled the plug....

I've had LR installed for years, but never took the time to get my head around it. Although Aperture still runs on my OS, it is only a matter of time before it doesn’t, so I'm ready to finally plunge in.

So here I am, Advanced, yet a LR Beginner. Grateful to Victoria for her book and this community for assistance.

(While I'm here, might as well express one of my biggest gripes with LR (I'm using Classic CC) which is the lack of internal support for RAW+JPEG. It was so easy with Aperture, ratings or other metadata made to one would automatically apply to the other. Cant for the life of me figure out why Adobe does not implement this....)

Welcome to the forums. You'll find that in many ways Lightroom is quite similar to Aperture, so not too difficult to learn. You'll be pleasantly surprised sometimes about how much better some parts of Lightroom are. Better develop tools and great perspective correction, for example. And at other times you'll pull your hears out in frustration of how clumsy Adobe has implemented (or not implemented at all) some other things, like the non-support of raw+jpeg you already mentioned. You'll sometimes love Lightroom, and at other times you'll hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back