• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM140.6

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hey from Texas! I've been dabbling in photography on/off most of my life. The most recent cameras I've owned: Canon T6i, Fujifilm X-H1, X-T2, 5DMkIV, and Canon R6 (current camera). With Fujifilm, I spent time in both Lrc and CaptureOne but pretty much moved to Lrc the past few years. I consider myself a "beginner" because the more I learn, the more I realize how little I really know! I'm about 90% in Lrc v12 with some light work in Ps 2023.

My primary subjects used to be dogs at the animal shelter. That was 3-4 years ago - I would go every Sunday and photograph as many adoptable dogs as I could. With work, it got to be a bit too much. I found time here and there to shoot landscape/buildings/street scenes; quick and easy. Now I find myself wanting to shoot portraits; not really studio but more like street portraits. One of the things I hear (from other togs on FB or YT) is the shyness barrier and fear of rejection (or simply fear of the unknown). I personally don't mind talking with strangers but I seem to forget how to freakin' pose people! I know there's lots of posing books out there but it's not like I can pull out my phone to go through poses while a stranger stands there waiting. :D

Welcome to the forum! I used to photograph shelter dogs and cats for their bios to help them get adopted, so I applaud you for your work. Regarding posing, why not ask some people you know if you can practice with them? I suspect that practicing anything in life helps improve our skills.

Good luck,

--Ken

Hey from Texas! I've been dabbling in photography on/off most of my life. The most recent cameras I've owned: Canon T6i, Fujifilm X-H1, X-T2, 5DMkIV, and Canon R6 (current camera). With Fujifilm, I spent time in both Lrc and CaptureOne but pretty much moved to Lrc the past few years. I consider myself a "beginner" because the more I learn, the more I realize how little I really know! I'm about 90% in Lrc v12 with some light work in Ps 2023. io games

My primary subjects used to be dogs at the animal shelter. That was 3-4 years ago - I would go every Sunday and photograph as many adoptable dogs as I could. With work, it got to be a bit too much. I found time here and there to shoot landscape/buildings/street scenes; quick and easy. Now I find myself wanting to shoot portraits; not really studio but more like street portraits. One of the things I hear (from other togs on FB or YT) is the shyness barrier and fear of rejection (or simply fear of the unknown). I personally don't mind talking with strangers but I seem to forget how to freakin' pose people! I know there's lots of posing books out there but it's not like I can pull out my phone to go through poses while a stranger stands there waiting. :D
Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to this community. I also live in Texas. Let's make friends and I can hire you to take photographs for me in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back