Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM140.6

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hey from Texas! I've been dabbling in photography on/off most of my life. The most recent cameras I've owned: Canon T6i, Fujifilm X-H1, X-T2, 5DMkIV, and Canon R6 (current camera). With Fujifilm, I spent time in both Lrc and CaptureOne but pretty much moved to Lrc the past few years. I consider myself a "beginner" because the more I learn, the more I realize how little I really know! I'm about 90% in Lrc v12 with some light work in Ps 2023.

My primary subjects used to be dogs at the animal shelter. That was 3-4 years ago - I would go every Sunday and photograph as many adoptable dogs as I could. With work, it got to be a bit too much. I found time here and there to shoot landscape/buildings/street scenes; quick and easy. Now I find myself wanting to shoot portraits; not really studio but more like street portraits. One of the things I hear (from other togs on FB or YT) is the shyness barrier and fear of rejection (or simply fear of the unknown). I personally don't mind talking with strangers but I seem to forget how to freakin' pose people! I know there's lots of posing books out there but it's not like I can pull out my phone to go through poses while a stranger stands there waiting. :D

Welcome to the forum! I used to photograph shelter dogs and cats for their bios to help them get adopted, so I applaud you for your work. Regarding posing, why not ask some people you know if you can practice with them? I suspect that practicing anything in life helps improve our skills.

Good luck,

--Ken

Hey from Texas! I've been dabbling in photography on/off most of my life. The most recent cameras I've owned: Canon T6i, Fujifilm X-H1, X-T2, 5DMkIV, and Canon R6 (current camera). With Fujifilm, I spent time in both Lrc and CaptureOne but pretty much moved to Lrc the past few years. I consider myself a "beginner" because the more I learn, the more I realize how little I really know! I'm about 90% in Lrc v12 with some light work in Ps 2023. io games

My primary subjects used to be dogs at the animal shelter. That was 3-4 years ago - I would go every Sunday and photograph as many adoptable dogs as I could. With work, it got to be a bit too much. I found time here and there to shoot landscape/buildings/street scenes; quick and easy. Now I find myself wanting to shoot portraits; not really studio but more like street portraits. One of the things I hear (from other togs on FB or YT) is the shyness barrier and fear of rejection (or simply fear of the unknown). I personally don't mind talking with strangers but I seem to forget how to freakin' pose people! I know there's lots of posing books out there but it's not like I can pull out my phone to go through poses while a stranger stands there waiting. :D
Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to this community. I also live in Texas. Let's make friends and I can hire you to take photographs for me in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back