• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 10.2 (I think)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My LR Classic came up saying I had a new version and to upgrade...then to import. When I clicked the "import" button it was saying it couldn't find my pictures and was using another folder which I didn't want...now I can't get my original folder. How do I do this? Every time I go back in it wants to "import".

I can't even find the cat files or anything...do I need to import again? Uggg and my keyword list is gone and that was long.

Hi Norma
You have to find your catalog using Explorer and then double click to open in LrC. Dont import anything!
Stig

I can't find the catalog anywhere...I have no clue what happened to it. I've searched on lcat on all my drives and nothing comes up. Uggg

The inevitable question is: Do you have a backup of the catalogue (the zip file that can be produced by LrC when closing)?
Stig

I think this is is...Can I open with LR? I assume this is it. It is showing up under a backup of folders...and as a zipped file...then when I click on that this shows up.
IMG_6108.jpg

The 2-v10 may be an empty catalogue. I would start by opening Catalog-2 and accept that it is upgraded (select a good name) and see if yor pictures are back. No import - they should just be there.
Stig

Ok. It's telling me to either new the new, upgraded catalog or upgrade the older catalog. I'm assuming the older catalog?

It says at the top that the catalog was previously upgraded during the Classic update...and would i like to either of the top I mentioned.

Last edited:
Upgrade the old catalogue. No harm is done, the old catalogue will still be there.
Stig
PS I cannot see the date and size of the files - I have the suspicion that the -2-v10 catalogue was a new empty catalogue - but I may be wrong

Is this what it should be saying.... I'm wondering if this is what happened when i said upgrade and got nothing but telling me to import...???
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Yes - and you can rename the new catalog as you wish - but keep -v10. But I am a little confused regarding the dates (2018?). You can easily move the catalog files later - they should not be in a backup directory.
Stig

Yes - but you will not loose anything. If the result is not as expected the challenge is to find the last .lrcat file (before upgrading) and follow the procedure for upgrading as described elsewhere in this forum
Stig

Last edited:
It worked...I cannot say how much I appreciate your help. The zipped file is in the backup with the new catalog 2-v-10-2. Does that stay there when I need it again or should I move it.

It will stay there. A new zipped file wil be formed each time you exit LrC (or whatever you have put in the box)
Billede1.png

I am glad I could help. Regarding the 2018 files I do not recommend deleting anything without knowing the full organisation of the files.

Stig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back