• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Help with "!" on photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm getting this since I changed where my photos are being stored... how do I fix? Also when I open LR I get the message...no photo in selected album...but then they seem to all show up.

Capture.PNG

Lightroom is thinking you edited some photos using a different application, probably due to the timestamp being more recent with the files. Ass the cause is moving the photos, you're safe to Overwrite (meaning whatever Lightroom thinks the current settings are is correct).

Is there a facility to discover all these type of images?
Then select them and tell LRC to overwrite the settings.
I keep finding the odd image in my Catalog that behaves like this. I would be nice to be able to know that all were fixed.
Thanks.

Is there a facility to discover all these type of images?
Then select them and tell LRC to overwrite the settings.
I keep finding the odd image in my Catalog that behaves like this. I would be nice to be able to know that all were fixed.
Thanks.
You can filter on "Metadata Status" in the Library Filter. Choose the Metadata filter and set the first column to "Metadata Status", you'll be looking for any images reported as "Metadata Conflict".

You can filter on "Metadata Status" in the Library Filter. Choose the Metadata filter and set the first column to "Metadata Status", you'll be looking for any images reported as "Metadata Conflict".
Very helpful information thank you Jim

You said you moved your photos to a new storage area... if it is in a Windows default system folder like "Pictures" you may find that Windows is trying to index and read all of the metadata and this will prompt the settings change in LR.
Since I started keeping my original photos in a folder structure outside of the Windows "Pictures" folder this does not happen. My "Pictures" folder is on my NAS in a structure where I export jpgs for family viewing. (Using Jeffrey Friedl's Folder Publisher plugin.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back