• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Help with Keyword Set/Keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have a Keyword Set called "Events". Keywords in that set are horse shows, car shows, etc.

I uploaded some photos from a horse show the other day. I used the keywords horse shows from the Keyword Set. Why aren't the keywords, or the Keyword Set, showing below in the list of keywords?

Mom, we're going to need more info to be of help.

Can you describe in detail, the steps you took, and what happened vs. what you expected?
Has this worked in the past, or is this something you're trying/learning for the first time?

Well, I wasn't having the problem before. But since I started doing Keyword Sets, I am.

I'm in the Library area
I choose my Keyword Set
I click on the keyword I want to use within that set
I shows up in the keyword box above.

I go below and the keywords aren't listed. Neither is a Keyword Set.

Hope this explains well enough.

"You go below, and the keywords aren't listed"
Do you mean the specific keyword doesn't display a checkmark in the 'Keyword List'? It works OK that way for me.

I don't know what you mean that the 'Keyword Set is not listed' below. It's not supposed to be. A keyword set is only a tool for rapid application of keywords, it has no bearing on keyword organization or content.

Can you describe in your own words what you think 'Keyword Sets' are for? That may be where our confusion lies.

Are you using Lr 4.0 as listed in your profile?

I thought I had replied the other day that I had solved my own problem. Figured out that the keysets wouldn't be in the list, just the keywords. And I think my problem was that when I was adding "keywords" to a keyset, and "changing", I was forgetting to update after. So my keywords I picked weren't showing up in the list. Now they are. At least I thinking that was my problem.

You made me think about it so I thank you for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back