Help! Photos missing, files still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lane Hickenbottom

Starting yesterday when I load LR it does not display any images. In place of the images (in grid mode) you can see the grid, but no photos. As you mouse over the grid, various squares light up or disappear (without pressing any buttons). I can see the different star ratings I gave each photo in their respective squares on the grid, and I can see any color flagging I gave the photos. As I switch through the modules (develop/slideshow/web/etc) still no images.

I'm running XP Pro 64.

Here is a screen capture of the problem:
LRproblem.jpg

Please ignore the fact that there is a red folder....I know how to fix that and will as soon as I can see the images. This problem is in all the folders and in all of the modules.

I've tried starting a new catalog and downloading new images into it to see if the catalog is corrupt. Same result.

I've uninstalled many times and reinstalled, even tried installing to a new folder. Same result. However each time I uninstall and reinstall my catalogs are automatically found in the new install and I don't have to register with my SN. So apparently I'm not successful in completely wiping LR from the system on my uninstall. I've also tried manually deleting the preferences file and the presets folder.

It seems like I'm not getting a very complete uninstall. Every time I reinstall, LR already has my registration information and knows where my catalog is (which is on another drive). I don't know how to manually do a more thorough uninstall, but I'm open to instruction.

Any insights? Thanks for the help!

One last thing. Some similar problems surfaced as a result of screwy Nvidia drivers.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Next time the Red Raders come into Lincoln, I'm going to give Bobby Knight a big fat wet one just for you!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Three cheers for BigIUFan!!!!!

homer.gif

Doh! I had forgotten all about the nVidia driver issues. Sorry I couldn't get to the answer sooner, but I'm glad to hear that you got it all worked out.

BigIUFan... excellent work!

Last edited by a moderator:
homer.gif

Doh! I had forgotten all about the nVidia driver issues. Sorry I couldn't get to the answer sooner, but I'm glad to hear that you got it all worked out.

BigIUFan... excellent work!
I think that's going to become a favorite image here!

LOL

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back