2...adobe LR classic
3....adobe LR

THE ONE I am using says LR CC. VERSION 2015.14
I think it is the # 3

on my adobe update page I see 3 under installed

1...LR CLASSIC..v 5.7.1
2...LR classic ..v 6.0
3...LR classic v 8.3.3. (Needs update)

there is a included with subscription. LR (cloud based)

I assume #3 on my computer is the same as #3 in the update page and I need to remove the other 2..how do I do that?

I ASSUME I should move to the new cloud based version
EXCEPT...I have very limited internet so I must keep everything local....can the cloud based be used that way?

thanks for any help...

There's two parts to the question: Should you use the Classic version (Lightroom Classic) or the cloud version (now just Lightroom or Lightroom CC without Classic), and what to do with all these versions. Adobe has been entirely confusing in the "CC" usage, but at present there is a "Classic" that is aimed at all items on your computer with limited synch to other devices, and non-Classic which is entirely cloud based and you can sync to any device. Classic does not require the cloud at all.

There is a difference in subscription so you need to log into your adobe account and see which you have. But you also should decide which you want.

LR 2015.xxx is Classic but an older version.

LR 5.x and LR 6.x are like classic (but are not Classic) and old versions that are not subscriptions.

Jus t "LR" it is hard to say.

Classic is any version with 7.x or 8.x, with 8.4.1 being the most current, the cloud version has low numbers like 1.x to 3.x if I recall (I am not using it, but I don't think they are beyond 3 or so).

The Classic catalog is upward compatible, always -- i.e. LR 6 can be upgrade to any other Classic version. They are NOT downward compatible, so anytime you used a catalog on (let's say) 8.4 you cannot go back down to an older version.

Because each major LR version COPIES the catalog to a new name and then upgrades it, you need to take care to identify all your catalogs and which one(s) you are really using. Having that many LR versions likely means you also have more than one catalog version. Maybe.

There are processes for moving from Classic to the Cloud, but you need to make sure you want to do that first. My suggestion is first get on the latest Classic version, be sure your catalog is there and everything is in it, and remove all older versions of classic and save/remove all old catalogs you are not using. Then if you really want to go with the Cloud version (many of us do not) move from there.

I am confused as to what version LR I am using and should be using

on my Mac I find 3 LR installs
1...adobe LR photoshop LR 5
2...adobe LR classic
3....adobe LR

THE ONE I am using says LR CC. VERSION 2015.14
I think it is the # 3

on my adobe update page I see 3 under installed

1...LR CLASSIC..v 5.7.1
2...LR classic ..v 6.0
3...LR classic v 8.3.3. (Needs update)

there is a included with subscription. LR (cloud based)

I assume #3 on my computer is the same as #3 in the update page and I need to remove the other 2..how do I do that?

I ASSUME I should move to the new cloud based version
EXCEPT...I have very limited internet so I must keep everything local....can the cloud based be used that way?

thanks for any help...
On your first list, #1 matches with #1 on your second list.
#2 probably matches to #3 on your second list.
And #3 probably matches to #2 on your second list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back