• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

help me to install Piglets & Jeffrey plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Last edited by a moderator:
There is a link for Exiftool on Jeffrey's piglet page you list.

Don

There is a link for Exiftool on Jeffrey's piglet page you list.

Don

yes thank i knew that

but i mean is there a plug to export photos in hardisk using exiftool , or exiftool work only inside the flickr or picasa plugins?

well in the Jeffrey homepage , i read a warning about piglet
if i want can i uninstall the piglet?

There is no "exiftool" piglet. It's the "Run Any Command" piglet, which can be used for exiftool, or any other command-line tool.

Piglets only run within an Export Plugin that supports them. Today, these are only Jeffrey's various upload plugins. You could certainly suggest a "no-op" plugin which is really just a framework for piglets; I'd suggest posting a comment on the Piglets page of his blog.

There is no "exiftool" piglet. It's the "Run Any Command" piglet, which can be used for exiftool, or any other command-line tool.

Piglets only run within an Export Plugin that supports them. Today, these are only Jeffrey's various upload plugins. You could certainly suggest a "no-op" plugin which is really just a framework for piglets; I'd suggest posting a comment on the Piglets page of his blog.

thanks
but where can i locate the piglets file??
to understand if i did installed or not?

i haven't the green side , i have no integration between the 2 plugins

PigletDialogFull.png

You can search for files named ".piglet" on your disk, but I believe they sit alongside the plugin in the .../Adobe/Lightroom/Modules directory, as explained in Jeffrey's installation instructions.

i did not find a link to download a file named "*.piglet"
in the Jeffrey homepage there is not link to download the "piglet file"

i can download the plugins , but there is not ".piglet" file inside

I'm confused. Are you looking for the link to download the "Run Any Command" piglet, or are you looking for confirmation that you've installed it correctly?

The "Run Any Command" piglet is included with the latest versions of Jeffrey's Export Plugins, so you don't need to download or install it separately -- you just need to download the latest version of whichever Export Plugin(s) you're using.

BTW, if you just want to run Exiftool, there's probably a way to do it as a standard Export Action rather than as a Piglet within an Export Plugin. I'm not familiar with how to do this on Windows, but perhaps someone else can help.

Hi,

Lots of confusion going on here. You can download the Run-Any-Command piglet from here:

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/anycommand/

If you're using any of Jeffrey's plug-ins then this piglet is already included. The only other plugin that supports piglets is my own LR/Transporter.

If your intent is solely to run ExifTool on your plug-ins using Run-Any-Command without uploading to Flickr etc., then your only course of action, for the moment, is :

1) Download the Run-Any-Command piglet
2) Download LR/Transporter
3) Put the Run-Any-Command inside the LR/Transporter plugin
4) Use LR/Transporter to export your files without using any of its options.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back