Status
Not open for further replies.

Christa

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi all!

Great to meet you this way!

I have been working with LR for several years and I have never had this problem. I worked on a catalogue and exported my pics for web use and left it open but minimized. I had been streaming online when all of a sudden I get a message the LR quit unexpectedly dialogue box. I immediately said to reopen it but it brought me back to another catalogue. I cannot seem to find the pics I had left open that I still needed to export in print size. Is there any way I can get those back??? Like I said, it has never happened to me before.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Christa

Well, first you should let Lightroom open the correct catalog. Only then you can see if anything is missing. Do you know where that catalog should be on your disk? If so, open the catalog folder and check if there is a file with a '.lock' extension. Delete that file and then double click the catalog file to make Lightroom open it.

Make sure Lr is not running.

Do a search for all files with an extension of ".lrcat" on your computer.

1. Are there more than 1 "lrcat" files. Can you recognise the catalog you were working on.
2. If there is an ".lrcat.lock" file (and Lr is not running) then delete the ".lrcat.lock" file.
3. Double click on the "lrcat" file with the latest date. Does this have your images. If not, close Lr and double click on the other lrcat files in sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back