• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Help ! Lightroom Classic makes anything purple

Status
Not open for further replies.

pas.pfirrmann

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic version 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hey,
for a few weeks now Lightroom classic is shifting the colors of my imported pictures to a purple/warm color. In the libary they are all purple, the preview picture is purple, but when i want to edit it, it seem as the picture looks normal until I click the before/after button. Even if I didn´t do anything it is already changed (as shown in that picture). I reinstalled lightroom today and everthing is set to standart.
Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
I would guess that your monitor profile is a bit off (maybe a Windows update changed things, as often happens). You can simply test this by changing the monitor profile to the standard sRGB profile to see if that "fixes" the problem. If it does, note that using sRGB is not the best long-term solution, to fix the issue properly the monitor would need to be correctly calibrated.

EDIT: Here's a link to a very old forum post explaining the procedure using Win7, but you should be able to figure out how to do it using Win10. If not, let us know and we show be able to point you in the right direction. How to assign an sRGB ICC Profile to your monitor (Windows)

If colour accuracy is important to you (and if you take photographs, it should be) the only way to be accurate is to calibrate the monitor yourself using a calibration device and the associated software. Popular devices are the i1Display Pro from X-Rite and the Datacolor Spyder, but there are others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back