• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Help importing from Aperture

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanG

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 8
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have just upgraded my aging 2009 iMac for the latest 2017 iMac model. With this upgrade I have lost my old copy of Photoshop cs5 and hence thought that with the end of support for Aperture it was time to switch to Lightroom. My Aperture library is on an external hard drive and I found it an easy task to change the paths on the import using the plugin option, to import from the Aperture folder and then write to a new Lightroom folder. I have approx 25k pictures (jpeg, raw and movie) files in the Aperture library. Each time I start the process and it seems to be fine, but it then stops in exactly the same place each time. I then delete all files and start again, but it stops in exactly the same place ( file no1307). It appears to import all of my named folders, but then doesn’t populate them totally in sequence ie folders which I know should have a hundred plus pictures on have a few in. I have read that others have had problems importing, I am fairly computer savvy, but not an expert by any means, can anyone shed some light on where I may be going wrong ? I’m still on day 3 of my free trial and haven’t got any pictures in to lightroom yet !!

Hi. I watched a few videos on Linda.com about importing, what you should do before for a seamless import. I did what they said and all went well. I suggest googling “what to do before” and then try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kimmilly, I have read and watched loads of advice, but I don’t have Aperture on my new mac so can’t reorder or change the Aperture library, which is what some suggest. As I only have a 7 day trial I was looking for a quick fix !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back