• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Hello! Is anyone using a mouse or trackpad with LR Mobile on an iPad? Which do you prefer? Any gotchas or lessons learned? Thanks! Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie B.

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Mobile 6.4.1
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hello! Is anyone using a mouse or trackpad with LR Mobile on an iPad? Which do you prefer? Any gotchas or lessons learned? Thanks! Charlie

I have an iPadPro with the Apple keyboard and included track pad. I use a track pad exclusively preferred on my iMac and find the Magic Mouse to be more difficult and usually a reach to grab.

That said, on the iPadPro, I rarely use the track pad in Lightroom and never the pencil even though I have both. Instead I almost always use the "Mark 1" finger leaving prints all over my screen.

Last edited:
Like Cletus I have an iPad Pro with an Apple keyboard including a trackpad. In LR I rarely use the trackpad but (unlike Cletus!) I do use the Apple Pencil a great deal. Doesn’t stop getting fingerprints all over the screen though ;-).

On my iMac I have both a Magic Mouse and a trackpad, but tend to use the mouse more tHan the track pad. I sometimes wish I had a Wacom or similar pad to use with the iMac as I find using the Apple Pencil very easy on the iPad.

Horses for Courses I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back