• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

HEIC photos from Xiaomi 12S Ultra can't be imported into Lightroom Classic Latest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiecutter

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I can see everything but the HEIC files in the folder in the import dialog, and this is on the LATEST version of lightroom.

I have the native HEIF plugin from Win Store installed too and I can preview them in Photos app.

Any suggestions please?

I assume that phone is running Android? Android HEICs are now fully supported in LR:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/heic-files-support.html

I suggest you upload a problem .heic to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here. That will let us quickly determine whether the issue is with the photo itself or your particular Lightroom installation.

That sample photo imports into my LR 11.5 / Windows 11 and Mac OS 12.4:

1662945952318.png

I tried it both without the HEVC Video Extensions installed and then with, and it succeeded both times. Which points the finger at something specific in your LR installation.

Are you importing the photos from the local disk or from the phone via a cable? And do other file types import from the same folder correctly?

Hmm. Just a couple of weak suggestions to narrow down the issue:

1. Put a JPEG and the HEIC in a folder by themselves and post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire Import window with that folder selected. Perhaps that will suggest clues.

2. Try putting a JPEG and the HEIC on a memory card or memory stick and importing from there -- it's a stretch (a long one), but perhaps there's something peculiar with file permissions of the current disk location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back