• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falu-mindspring

Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi! I'm using LR 8.3.1 and am trying to import HEIC pix from my Iphone 7. It will either import as JPG, or if I change a setting on my iphone to transfer pix in their original format, LR doesn't see them at all! UGH! I want to keep the HEIC format-- esp since LR supposedly can do this. What am I doing wrong?

You could do the following:
1: Install Lightroom Mobile on your phone;
2: Sync your Lightroom Classic catalog to the cloud. You don't have to sync up any images if you don't want to;
3: Shoot some pictures with the Apple camera app in HEIC format;
4: Start Lightroom Mobile and import these pictures;
The pictures will now sync down to Lightroom Classic, in HEIC format.

thanks! i'd rather not deal with the cloud...
Why not? It’s a lot easier than using cables and you paid for 20GB cloud space already...
The reason why Lightroom does not see the HEIC images on your phone might be cloud related as well, namely iCloud related. Check that iCloud Photos is not enabled. If it is, the original HEIC file will be moved to the cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back