• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

HDR lightroom 6 & photoshop cc 2015.1.1 , help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
i have lightroom cc/6.1.1 and photoshop cc 2015.1.1 and i run under windows 10 pro 64bit

well i have a problem between lightroom 6.1.1 and photoshop cc 2015.1.1 camera raw

1)
i create an hdr with lightroom 6.1.1 ,7 exposures (really great result) , lightroom create an hdr dng file

2)
i edit the the hdr dng files with lightroom 6.1.1 ,(the image was too full of contrast so i edit only lights , midtones and shadows) and i saved metadata

3)
i open this dng file with photoshop cc 2015.1.1 , but camera raw (last version ) did not read the edits made by lightroom

why? what's wrong?

thanks

best regards
cheers

You have to write the changes to XMP. Select the DNG in Lightroom and hit Ctrl-S. BTW, is there a compelling reason that you didn't update to CC2015.3 yet? Each update fixes bugs...

Last edited:
You have to write the changes to XMP. Select the DNG in Lightroom and hit Ctrl-S. BTW, is there a compelling reason that you didn't update to CC2015.3 yet? Each update fixes bugs...

hi
but i did it!
i mean i saved xmp via click and save metadata to file

Why don't you send the file from Lightroom to Photoshop? Or is that what you did?
no , i create the hdr with lightroom
bridge -> photoshop
but the point is that photoshop camera raw can't read the lightroom edits

can somebody confirm ? Test it?

thanks

I've tested it, but no problem. Suggest you confirm that you have write permissions on the folder (just in case there's a problem when you do the Ctrl-S). If that's not the problem, try using the Edit In Photoshop method from within Lightroom to pass the file to Photoshop.

I've tested it, but no problem. Suggest you confirm that you have write permissions on the folder (just in case there's a problem when you do the Ctrl-S). If that's not the problem, try using the Edit In Photoshop method from within Lightroom to pass the file to Photoshop.
hi
bingo , i was this ,windows 10 is a nightmare
i create a new folder in another hard disk partition where the permission is everybody and it now it works!
thanks Jim!

He should have write permissions, otherwise he would not have been able to create the HDR DNG in the first place.

You're right, of course. The only thing I can think is that the permissions were changed between the original HDR DNG creation, and the subsequent Ctrl-S. Sounds unlikely, but I can't think of anything else that might have caused it.

1)
i create an hdr with lightroom 6.1.1 ,7 exposures (really great result) , lightroom create an hdr dng file

BTW - I think it was at 6.3 that the HDR merging (and I think panorama too) was heavily improved IMNSHO. It was night and day better to me - so much so that I went and redid most, if not all, HDR merges done from before that version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back