• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

HDR and Pano merge photos don't sync to Lightroom CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cianmcliam

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
As the title says, I import photos into a folder and tick the 'sync with Lightroom' box. While editing on my laptop I end up having to merge some drone shots in to HDR or panoramas, however, the merged photos don't upload to Lightroom CC and I can't see a way to generate a smart preview for a single photo to generate one as I go. Is this a known issue or am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks for any help!

Are you merging them in Lr? If so they should (as in I do it, they do upload)

Some details on the merged file?

Panorama photos should sync from Lightroom Classic like any other photo (I have synced lots of them), but it’s possible that there is a maximum size that I don’t know of.

Thanks, yes I select two or three photos and then use the merge photos>HDR menu in Lightroom Classic. They appear there no problem but they don’t have the arrow icon in the top right like all the other photos do in the thumbnail view beneath the preview window. As far as I know this has never worked unless I switch to Lightroom CC on the desktop and merge in there. That complicates things because I import and process mostly in Classic.

You can simply force Classic to sync those images by adding them to the "All Synced Photographs" special collection in the Catalog panel.

Panorama photos should sync from Lightroom Classic like any other photo (Ihave synced lots of them), but it’s possible that there is a maximum size that I don’t know of.
Yes, there's a 200mb limit for syncing files from Classic to the cloud....but as Classic is syncing smart previews, it's not a limit that should come into play.

can you confirm that the merged HDR or Pano image is in a collection that is set to sync with the Cloud? It is possible that the merge to HDR process indeed put the merged file into the same folder as the original component images, but did not put it in the same Collection as the component images.

As the title says, I import photos into a folder and tick the 'sync with Lightroom' box.
This may indeed be the explanation. You cannot sync a folder, you can only sync a collection. So if you import images into a folder without also placing them into a synced collection (but you say that you do sync them), then they will probably be only in ‘All Synced Photographs’. Merging the images from their folder will not place the merged result in ‘All Synced Photographs’, however. The result will only be synced automatically if you merge from within a synced collection.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I always import photos into new collections and the collections are set to sync during the import. These images then appear in Lightroom Mobile and changes I make either in Lightroom Classic or in Mobile all appear to sync no problem. It's just when I am in one of the collections in Classic and merge a few of the photos, these don't seem to sync.

I tried the suggestion above to drag the HDR images into All Synced Photographs and this does work, but seems I have to do it manually to get this to work.

If the images are in a synced collection, and you have that collection selected as the source, then when you do the Photo Merge the resulting pano/HDR dng should also be automatically set to sync. However, if you changed the source to the actual folder that the images are in, and then did the Photo Merge, the resulting pano/HDR dng will NOT be automatically synced.

So I suggest you try again, making sure you're working in the synced collection, and not in the folder.....it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back