• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Having problem with switching to Version 11 LRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike T

Lightroom Version Number
LRC 10
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi -

I can't seem to be able to upgrade to LRC version 11. Keep getting a error message . Attached screen image with Adobe message.

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions ?

Thx - Mike

Attachments

• LRC Error - Version 11.jpg
    LRC Error - Version 11.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 122
Looks like you have some kind of corruption in your v10 catalog.
You can try the following :
  • Go back to LrC V10
  • Export your whole v10 catalog in a new catalog
  • Upgrade to LrC v11
  • Open this new created catalog
I don't guarantee this will fix your problem, but it is worth to try.

Prior to exporting the entire catalog, you may want to start by optimizing and check integrity of the V10 catalog and then try the conversion to 11.0 again. If that doesn't work, then try Philippe's idea.

There have been just a couple of reports of catalogs that won't upgrade, and Adobe are investigating. Can I suggest:

- try converting the catalog again (this solved the issue for one person)
- if this doesn't work, then revert for the moment to 10.4 and report it on the Adobe Forum thread below:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...pdate-from-10-4-to-11-0/idc-p/12473579#M20508
The thread is being actively investigated and all input will help. I would stress the majority of users have converted fine, but there does appear to be some set of circumstances that are causing an issue.

p.s. welcome to the Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back