• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Has the Photography Plan changed? Did Classic just double in price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linwood Ferguson

Linwood Ferguson
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I was looking up something for someone, and found I can no longer find the (US) $10/mo photography plan to includes Classic.

When I look at the "all plans" I see a "Lightroom CC Plan (1TB)" that is $10/mo with only CC, or a photography plan that includes CC + Classic and 1TB; there used to be a small-storage version of that for $10.

Is it no longer available?

Did my price for Classic just double?

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

That site redirected me to the equivalent Canadian page, where you can still get the 20GB plan for 9.99 USD/month. Of course they may not have updated that page yet.

I'm still seeing the 9.99 USD/month (20GB) plan if I'm logged in to Adobe's US site with an ID that has an existing CC subscription. However if I'm not logged in, I, like you, only see the 19.99 USD/month (1TB) option for Classic and it's buried behind the "Compare Photography Plans" link.

Not seeing any problem here, UK site, US site, logged in, not logged in....all show the three variations of the Photography Plan using the drop down list, and the price and plan contents update dynamically as I change selection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-15_07_56_14_png.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-15_07_56_14_png.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 581
Sounds like split testing... I think you can safely ignore it.

Not seeing any problem here, UK site, US site, logged in, not logged in....all show the three variations of the Photography Plan using the drop down list, and the price and plan contents update dynamically as I change selection.
Wow. That's weird. Those options weren't there an hour and a half ago. Now I'm seeing what you describe. Maybe we saw the site in some intermediate state? Thanks for pointing out the updated update.

Maybe we saw the site in some intermediate state?
That's what companies do when they're split testing. They show some prices/purchase options to some people and the normal ones to everyone and see what percentage of people buy. Sometimes they do it with different sales copy to see which version converts the most visitors to buyers.

I have seen other reports of people in the US not being shown the $9.99 Photography Plan, but I always believe in cockup being far more likely than conspiracy.

I have seen other reports of people in the US not being shown the $9.99 Photography Plan, but I always believe in cockup being far more likely than conspiracy.

I wonder if someone posted what will become the new price early, then yanked it. Adobe Max starts today, it's a time perfect for announcements.

But let's hope not. When I look now it's also back to "normal".

That was reported on all the major forums over the last several days. They are testing the waters. I believe $9.99 was a time limited offer. If you signed up you got that price permanently - not including general increases that will happen. Looked like Adobe decided to keep the $9.99 but might be investigating $19.99 for new customers.

I wonder if someone posted what will become the new price early, then yanked it. Adobe Max starts today, it's a time perfect for announcements.

But let's hope not. When I look now it's also back to "normal".

On other forums several people opening the same link would see different pricing. The easiest way to find $9.99 is to go to B&H, Amazon, etc.

I wouldn't describe $9.99 for the Photography Plan + 20gb as a time limited offer. No price is offered for ever, and this was left as open ended as any pricing. I tell you, cockup is always more likely!

I'm not talking about doubling the price. After 5 years the all app plan went up 6%. For $9.99 that comes out to about 60 cents. Of course I'm not saying that I know it will be 6%. It could be 10% but there will be an increase some day. I can't think of anything that has not gone up in price. I'm not defending it, I'm just be a realist and I expect an increase one day.

I have a bad memory but I remember this.

Adobe expands Photoshop and Lightroom offer

Last edited:
Well, I just checked, the 9.99 plan is still available. And talking to the sales desk, they are not aware of any plans to change it.

Tim

That seems like a dangerous (for the company) method of doing market research.
Agree. How would anyone feel if they had just signed up for the $20 plan, when their needs would have been satisfied by the $10 plan.

Usually "split testing" is done with short-term or one-time purchases. And to be truly valid, Adobe should have created a $5/month plan. That way, they could truly determine price sensitivity (or as the economists call it, "price elasticity"). Maybe at $5/month, they could attract some of the "just say no to subscriptions" people.

Phil Burton

That would be a good idea but I wouldn't hold my breath. It is like a cable packages that makes you pay for a bunch of stations you don't want. In Canada they passed legislation to stop that but they found ways around it.

So I mentioned to someone else the $10 price and cautioned to look carefully and sure enough, this morning they could not find the old style 20gb plan again (in the US). When I searched (just now) it was back. So Adobe is still messing around with this.

Makes me worry there's bad news coming. If not, then makes me think they are just plain incompetent, and confusing their audience.

The 1TB plan is on sale for $14.99. Maybe they were updating at the time.

Makes me worry there's bad news coming. If not, then makes me think they are just plain incompetent, and confusing their audience.

I think it's best to believe in cockup rather than conspiracy!

So I mentioned to someone else the $10 price and cautioned to look carefully and sure enough, this morning they could not find the old style 20gb plan again (in the US). When I searched (just now) it was back. So Adobe is still messing around with this.

Halon's Razon: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia

Tim

I thought if Occam's as soon as I read that. Never that variation before. Thanks

Halon's Razon: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Please don't let that be widely known, or all news media will need to shut down with nothing to talk about.

I hate to revive this thread, but I was looking at a few offers from B&H and then looked at the Adobe web site and it appears that the $10 Classic plan is not showing up. More split pricing or is this now permanent?

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back