• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Has anybody been able to tether a Nikon under Win 10 with CC 2015.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal P Anderson

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've been seeing the odd post from Windows 10 users that use various Nikons claiming that they are getting "No Camera Detected" when trying to tether. No solutions were posted in any of the threads. I tried tethering my D300, and persistently get the same error.

Windows 10 sees the camera. I have its USB menu item set to PTP. The camera tethers without problem under LR 5.7.

So, I'm wondering if this is a new bug with 6.4. Are there any Nikon users on the forum running 6.4/2014.4 on Windows 10 that would like to try tethering and let me know if they were able to succeed?

I tried it and tethering is working in my configuration:
111.JPG

Thanks, Roelof. I guess it's not a bug then. Or at least not a universal bug.

Working for me! D750 Nikon Windows-10 (Home)
Just plugged in with camera cable and extension USB cable, set up the dialogs-
Result-
D750-011.jpg

It does not work for me and my D7200. Tried Camera RC and it connects perfect. Have no idea about solving this.

Some comments re tethering-
For the Nikon D7200- Lightroom v6.4 (CC2015.4) is necessary.
Camera WiFi (Camera RC ???) is only suitable for connection to 'Mobile' devices- (Ipad, Iphone, Android, etc)
Tethering to LR requires USB cable connection.
LiveView computer screen view is not possible with LR tethering. (only shot images)

Check out DigiCamControl An innovative and easy to use solution for complex camera control! | digiCamControl
This program has liveview with my Nikon D750.
Photos can be saved to either or both camera and pc.
If you set up the pc 'save' folder as a 'watched' folder in Lightroom for Auto-Import, the photos will go immediately into the Lightroom catalog.

I have also used ControlMyNikon in the past (with a D200 or D80 cannot remember)

DigiCam Liveview window-
ScreenShot425.jpg

I've been seeing the odd post from Windows 10 users that use various Nikons claiming that they are getting "No Camera Detected" when trying to tether. No solutions were posted in any of the threads. I tried tethering my D300, and persistently get the same error.

Windows 10 sees the camera. I have its USB menu item set to PTP. The camera tethers without problem under LR 5.7.

So, I'm wondering if this is a new bug with 6.4. Are there any Nikon users on the forum running 6.4/2014.4 on Windows 10 that would like to try tethering and let me know if they were able to succeed?
I can't get tethering to work with my D300, just shows camera undetected

There is a Adobe Help page for starters-
Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

And some hints in the video at-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LxHshp8Cw
Best hint- have a card in the camera that is empty (or only a few image files) on the card.

Some find that it is best to make all the tethering options in the setup dialog first, then finally turn the camera on.
I find that my D750 often takes up to 30 seconds to be recognized in Lr-CC (now Classic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back