Hardware View (CD/DVD Printer direct onto disc)

T

Tony Parkes

[FONT=&quot]Good wishes
I would like to put a label on dvds,but want to get away from paper labels. Thinking of "Lightscribe" dvd writer. Anybody have one they would recomend.Or for that matter any to steer clear of[/FONT]

E

ejay79

Hi Tony, I use Lightscribe all of the time and love it. The only downside is speed - if you have a graphic and text, be prepared to wait 3' minutes for the disc to be produced. So if you're needing high volume, steer clear.

That said, for low volume creations, they come out pretty well. After you get a drive installed be sure to get the latest and greatest in "system software" for it. There's also a utility to enable High Contrast printing, which makes a big difference on print quality (and also slows it down!).

EJ

Jim Mohundro

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I collect films on DVD and I've printed about 7'' simple labels (title and year) on inkjet-ready Taiyo Yuden DVDs. They print and dry quickly. By all means avoid stick-on labels. There is sunstantial risk to your DVD drive if they come apart during play. On the other hand, I had to purchase an Epson printer (about $11') for this purpose.