• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Hard Drive publish service gives "photo can't be rendered" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemostrom

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 12.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Perhaps someone have an idea for what to check. I set up a "Hard Drive" publish service but when I try to run it I get an error message
An unknown error occurred. This photo was not rendered. (83)
And the problem is that I don't understand what is wrong. A few facts:
  • The export folder is on an external SSD drive
  • So far the Publish Service only contain one "Published smart folder"
  • The folder for this "Published smart folder" is created on disk, but no photos. I just get the error message above
  • To make sure there are no permission problems, I selected a few photos from the smart folder and manually exported them to the destination folder, this worked just fine.
  • I deleted the service and created a new one, same problem
  • There are 83 photos in this smart folder and I've got 700+ GB of free space on that SSD
Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Or find some more detailed error message?

Just a couple of guesses from a Windows User

1) give LrC Full Disk Access

2) Make sure image is not "missing" in LrC

And for the sake of troubleshooting, I’d also try a “normal” export to see if that works or not.

To make sure there are no permission problems, I selected a few photos from the smart folder and manually exported them to the destination folder, this worked just fine.
When you set up a publishing service, you set up the export criteria. Can you post a screenshot of those?

• To make sure there are no permission problems, I selected a few photos from the smart folder and manually exported them to the destination folder, this worked just fine.
Web oriented Publish Services store temporary copies of images in a default folder. I don't know if hard drive types do as well (probably not). But either way, giving LrC "Full Disk Access" (not just full read/wrote/create) on Mac's seems to fix many problems.

But, show us the set up for the PS.

This was interesting, I did a few quick tests before having to leave for work. In short: LR have already full disc access and I can export photos to the same folder.

But when I clicked around I noticed that the JPEGmini plugin showed an error of some kind (didn't look into it because of lack of time). So I removed that step from the Publish Service and then it seemed to work - I had just time to see that I had files in the folder. The version of JPEGmini I have is out of date so it could be some issue there ... I need to look into that when I get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back