- May 12, 2008
- Cheshire, UK
- Lightroom Experience
- Lightroom Version
- Lightroom Version
- Lightroom Classic version: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]
- Operating System
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
There haven't been any serious or significant updates to the Slideshow (and Print for that matter) module for such a long time, and yet it is such an easy target as there are quick fixes that could be made. So I got to wondering whether the gripes I have are the same as the experience of others. The main failings for me are (yes, they are 'failings' not 'features'):
- the quality of images presented in the slideshow - even in the preview before pressing 'Play' - is so much lower than that shown when in Loupe/Develop or Full Screen. Even when setting Quality to 'High'! Even when generating 1:1 previews. I had assumed that the slideshow module used the preview images, I am clearly wrong - so what does it use? Even text that you display as part of the slideshow comes out blurry and pixelated! What's the point of my 27-inch retina screen if Slideshow won't take advantage of it's full resolution for showing off my photography?!! Actually, most of the time I use this module to review my picks before publishing to my blog, but that's not the point - 'High' quality should mean just that! And for the time that I'm sharing photos from a holiday or trip with my family, it's infuriating that I can't display the best quality available in the slideshow.
- even if you save your slideshow settings as a preset, the Quality setting reverts to 'Standard' when you come back to it at a later date. AARGH!!
- my default slideshow is to have a black background with a small white border around the image using the 'Stroke Border' set to 2 pixels. But for some reason, when the image is cropped to not quite fit to .... something, the border doesn't go around the photo, but instead there's a gap between where it chooses to put the border and the photo (see attached image).
- I won't mention the infinite amount of time it takes to export the slideshow as a video.....
333.7 KB Views: 226