Greetings from Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreenwa

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hello, I am popping in to say hello and introduce myself before I head over to Catalog Management and post my first "Help me!" plea.

I am a longtime fan of photography and have spent many an hour in a darkroom. The work in the darkroom was for me more than half the fun of photography. With the purchase of my first digital camera in 1999 I lost my desire to do much besides take snapshots and they just collected dust on my hard drive. After moving out of the house where I had a darkroom I more or less gave up on film. About 5 years ago (coinciding with the birth of my first child) I decided that the technology was ready (and affordable enough) for me to try to get back into it. So I sprung for a Panasonic G1 with a few lenses and have never regretted that decision. Shortly thereafter I realized that iPhoto was not going to cut it and so I bought my first and only copy of LR for my mac (still using version 2.7). I really like it even though I am often confused about what it is doing under the hood. After five years I am considering an upgrade to my camera body and to LR, so I will probably be taking advantage of this great forum more in the near future.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Jason

Great to have your company Jason. LR's moved ahead leaps and bounds since 2.7, so you have lots of fun ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back