• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

GPS data not imported

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgphotography

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
I don't shoot video very often but last night I imported some work and there were 3 videos included. 2 were shot on my Nikon and had GPS data included and viewable in the EXIF in LR but were not tagged in the Map module (meaning they did not get placed anywhere on the map but I was able to drag them to the correct location).

However, one video I shot on my iPhone using ProCamera and when imported into LR no GPS location data was imported, yet when looking in the finder that data is clearly there (see screenshots).

Also the times for Date Time Digitized and Date Time are both wrong by many hours but correct in the finder view. All the other photos I shot have correct GPS and time data showing in LR as usual.

Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 8.48.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 9.00.44 AM.png

Regarding GPS locations, the only practical way to troubleshoot this is to upload the problem videos to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here (or send it to me via a private message).

Regarding the dates/times of videos, it's an industry mess. The only date/time field that should look correct for iPhone videos is what LR calls "Capture Date" in the Metadata > Default panel. For videos, that capture date won't appear in the Metadata > EXIF panel. (Date time Digitized and Date Time are not what you think they are and should be ignored.)

However, since the video was taken by the ProCamera app and not the default Apple Camera app, I don't know if LR will handle the capture date correctly. Again, the only practical way to troubleshoot this is to provide a copy of the video.

The issue with missing GPS location data and incorrect timestamps for the iPhone video in Lightroom might be resolved by manually adding the GPS coordinates and adjusting the timestamps within Lightroom, or by checking the import settings and metadata options when importing the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back