• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Got a fun problem with logitech mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodbutcher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 7.2
Operating System
Okay, I've google my brains out on this one. Had an older, USB logitech mouse that was starting to die. Liked the wireless Logitech M510 I had at the office so I bought one for home. I use the buttons on the side for forward and back in a browser and in LR, all versions I've had, the old mouse would advance images or go back images in Loupe or Develop modules. New mouse, which required different software from Logitech, not update, but different, move forward and back an image correctly in Loupe, but doesn't do anything in Develop. Made sure I removed the old software and have rebooted a couple of times to verify it is still a problem.

Any ideas to try? Ever heard of this problem?

How are the mouse buttons programmed? Can you just assign a keyboard shortcut? If so, try cmd left and right arrows rather than just left and right arrows.

Well, after I posted last night I did some more technical playing. I have the old mouse too, and some software that will capture key and mouse clicks. The old mouse generates the equivalent of a cmd-arrow sequence for forward and back. New mouse generates nothing when I have it configured for forward and back. So I configured them to be other options in the software and saw it generate actions. Very strange that forward and back actually do things in a browser and part of Lightroom, but the capture software doesn't see them.

So the next step was to program in a keystroke sequence for the buttons...and the software wouldn't let me set it to cmd+an arrow key. Or anything for that matter. I'll experiment further, but may just give up and buy another mouse. The $20 I spent on this one isn't going to break the bank.

I spent 3 months trying to get used to a Wacom tablet. Gave up. Bought a gaming mouse, mainly because of the extra programmable buttons.

The usability and precision of the new mouse was a revelation. A massive improvement to my mouse / keyboard interaction with all my apps.

I spent 3 months trying to get used to a Wacom tablet. Gave up. Bought a gaming mouse, mainly because of the extra programmable buttons.

The usability and precision of the new mouse was a revelation. A massive improvement to my mouse / keyboard interaction with all my apps.
Which mouse did you buy? There are so many choices from Logitech, Microsoft, Corsair, and others. And I'm not sure which combination of features is best in actual Lightroom use.

Right now, I use this "ergonomic" mouse which is sort-of OK for general use with Outlook, Word, etc., but is lousy for Lightroom.

Phil

BTW, if you want other mechanic means to control Lr, might take a look at MIDI control. I love being able to use knobs for adjustments, for example. Just dial in contrast, or exposure.

I like the Logitech Marble trackball.
Eventually I may go for some hardware controls.

Tim

interesting thread
a programmable mouse sounds good but I doubt the brain could be programmed to match the mouse o_O :rofl:

I use a Corsair mouse and keyboard. Interesting for me...the two buttons I use most.... I do not use for Lr or Ps.

I have the trigger button configured to close the current application and the small button just above it... convenient to my thumb also....closes the current tab page of the browser I am in. Both of these have improved radically the overall efficiency of using my Windows Pc.

Interestingly my same model number mouse at the office is different hardware and firmware. And the buttons work correctly. So I'll swap the home mouse with the office one for now.

I use a Corsair mouse and keyboard. Interesting for me...the two buttons I use most.... I do not use for Lr or Ps.
Which models of mouse and keyboard?

Phil

Mouse M 65 RGB Pro
Keyboard K95 RGB
I have turned off the lighting effects, for

1522140644482.png

Mouse... Note the shoot button. Good for lots of things...ergonomically well placed for thumb use. There are also two more buttons just above the shoot button.... the nearest one is also very ergonomically placed for thumb use.

Keyboard. Mechanical.... Note the extra panel of programmable function keys....

I prefer a wired mouse and keyboard.... as then the battery does not fail at unpredicatble times while I suffer from gradually poorer and poorer response times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back