• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Going insane - how to save a 4x6 collage jpeg for printing

JosieBear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi there everyone,

I have just started using lightroom and I need to print a bunch of 4x6 photos (each one having 4 photos on it). I have watched tutorials on how to do it but my page setup does not have a 4x6 option and so the collage only seems to print on sizes such as letter and A4 etc. It's driving me crazy as I want to explore and have fun on lightroom but I need to get this done first (it is for my kids:p).

Thanks in advance for any advise,

Jo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Can I suggest you try the steps below, I hope the summary is explanatory.
With selected images, open the Print module-
1. Ignore anything in the Template Browser (they are mostly for A4 paper)
2.In the Layout Style Panel- Set to "Single Image / Contact Sheet"
3. In the Print Job Panel- Click on the [Print to:] drop-down menu and choose "JPEG File"
4. Tick the box for [Custom File Dimensions]
5. Enter the print size you want. eg 15x10cm for a horizontal 6x4inch print, and Resolution 300ppi.
7. In the Layout Panel: Set Page Grid sliders for Rows = 2, and Columns = 2.
8. Alter Margins, Cell Spacing ,Cell Size, to your visual needs.
9. Save your page design as a User template for future use.
10. Click the button [Print to File] to save each print (of 4 images) as a new JPG photo.
ScreenShot022.jpg ScreenShot023.jpg ScreenShot024.jpg ScreenShot025.jpg

JosieBear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
This works!!!! You are wonderful. Thanks so very much :)

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
You are constrained physically by the size of your paper.

A4 is 297 mm on the widest edge. 2 x 6 inch prints are 150 +150 mm = 300 mm.

4 4x6 six inch prints will not fit on A4. You will need to reduce the cell size.

However, Lightroom will allow you to configure an A4 page so you can get the largest size possible.

Another common problem is that the printer driver may need a minimum page margins.

In this example the printer needs 4.2 mm left right, top and bottom. The max width I can make the cell in this case is 144.3 mm. If you run into a margin problem, check if your printer driver has a setting to allow printing up to the edge of the page.

LrForums4by6_2016-06-25_16h38_56.jpg

Select an A4 page and landscape format using the Printer Page setup dialogue.

Then.
1. Use single image / contact sheet.
2. Adjust margins *** (Printer may require a min margin size)
3. Specify 2 rows and 2 columns
4 Specify Cell width and height.

In this example, the max cell width Lr allows is 144.3 mm (not 150 mm or 6 inches).

JosieBear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Thanks Gnits!!
I'm also Irish (although live in Singapore) Very much looking forward to the game vs France tonight :thumbsup:

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Travelling, just arrived home. Half time 1-0 up. Hope you have a good seat and in good company for the match. Fingers crossed. I enjoyed a few days in Singapore a few years ago and look forward to going back some time.

Hope you managed to print your images.

JosieBear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
The irony was I had tickets to Les Miserables and had to rush to the nearest bar when it finished...which turned out to be full of Frenchies ;). I was the only Irish supporter so it was all a bit sad.

Yes I managed to organise the photos. So grateful to this forum :)