Going Back a Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Naylor

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
New posts are in bold type with a NEW icon informing me of the posts I haven't read. Having read the new post, there are two ways of returning to the index to see what else is new. I can click on the browser's back button, or I can click on the bread-crumb at the top or bottom of the page.

Using the browser's back button returns me to the index page I'd just left - whether it was page 1, 2, 3 etc. or however deep into the index I'd come from. In other words, it gets me back to where I was. BUT, the new post I was returning from is still displaying it as unread in bold with the NEW icon.

Using the bread-crumb method always takes me back to page 1 of the index - with the bold and icon removed. So, if I'd entered the new post from page 2, 3, etc. it will return me to page 1 regardless.

You may need to read this post a couple of times to understand what I'm complaining about.

I'm with you. When you go back, your browser just loads from its local cache, so the read/unread status isn't updated from the server. That'll be true of most websites. The breadcrumb is not user-specific, so it knows nothing about which page you were viewing but just takes you to the index of the specific forum.

If you go back using the browser's back button, then refresh the page, you'll get the result you want. Or you could try the New Posts option on the menubar that shows you a fresh search of only unread posts.

Thank you Victoria. I'll need to train myself to press the refresh button - or use the New Posts button which I hadn't noticed.
I have always used the new post button when accessing LR forums. In fact, I have the direct link as a Favorite / bookmark.
http://www.lightroomforums.net/find-new/postsI then go down the list opening new post that get my interest as a new tab in my browser. I'll then review each post in its own tab until I have exhausted the list.

If you bookmark New posts it should be a little quicker as it'll save a redirect. That's https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/whats-new/posts/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back