• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Getting newly released lens and using Lightroom 5.7

cristphoto

I have Lightroom version 5.7 and am thinking of getting a new Canon lens (24-70L f/4 IS) that was just recently introduced. When I go to the develop module and click on the lens profile tab I see that lens is listed. Does this mean if I get the lens it will work with my 5.7 version of Lightroom? I don't really want to change my version of Lightroom if necessary. Thanks for any help.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi, welcome to Lightroom Forums!

Both the mark I and the mark II version of that lens is supported in Lr 5.x

BTW it is very useful to complete your profile re: OS, computer details and Lr version - it really helps with the problem solving.

Happy shooting!

Tony Jay

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have Lightroom version 5.7 and am thinking of getting a new Canon lens (24-70L f/4 IS) that was just recently introduced. When I go to the develop module and click on the lens profile tab I see that lens is listed. Does this mean if I get the lens it will work with my 5.7 version of Lightroom? I don't really want to change my version of Lightroom if necessary. Thanks for any help.

Are you sure you mean the 24-70L? That's quite an old lens, and even the Mark II version is a few years old. Or do you mean the 24-105L II, which was recently introduced? Support for that lens is not yet incorporated into Lightroom, though I would typically expect it to be in the next release....but it'll never be available in LR5.7.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Are you sure you mean the 24-70L? That's quite an old lens, and even the Mark II version is a few years old. Or do you mean the 24-105L II, which was recently introduced? Support for that lens is not yet incorporated into Lightroom, though I would typically expect it to be in the next release....but it'll never be available in LR5.7.
Ah, Jim - has anybody ever told you that you are rather a clever bloke!
It is a really good thought.

Lets wait and see what the OP says.

Tony Jay