• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Geotagging data gets lost...

grahamrobb

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I'm a reasonably experienced Lightroom user and I've recently started geotagging my photos using track logs generated by Geotag Photos Pro, but when I upload the edited photos to Flickr (for instance) the geotagging data has disappeared. I've tried geotagging my photos in Lightroom and also before importing them into Lightroom, and in both cases they display the geotagging icon in the filmstrip in Lightroom, but either way the data disappears when I upload from Lightroom to Flickr. If I upload photos to Flickr which have not been edited in Lightroom direct from the hard drive into which I import them from the camera the data is retained and the photos appear on the Flickr word map. Is there a box somewhere in the Lightroom preferences that I have to tick or possibly un-tick?
Graham Robb

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi, welcome to the forum.

How are you getting the photos from Lightroom up to Flickr? Are you using the built-in Flickr publish service, or are you exporting to hard drive and uploading using the Flickr uploader? Either way, an export is being performed and so you have to ensure that in the Metadata section of the export dialog (or publish service settings dialog) that you include All Metadata, and do NOT uncheck the "Remove Location Info" option.

grahamrobb

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Dear Jim Wilde,
Thank you! Problem solved. It was obvious once you pointed it out.
Best regards
Graham Robb