Function 'Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments' not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, since working on a new imac I have an issue with brush/pen tool colours while editing a copy of an image with Lightroom adjustments in Photoshop. A completely separate file created in photoshop is showing true colours (as per the colour code), while a photo opened through Lightroom in Photoshop is displaying a colour of a different shade when it it exactly same colour code. I've attached screenshots to show what I mean.

Has anyone had the same problem before and managed to fix it?
I went through all the settings in both Photoshop and Lightroom and there should be no issue at all. Both applications are updated with the newest versions.

Please advise!

Attachments

• Copy with Lightroom adjustments.png
    Copy with Lightroom adjustments.png
    654 KB · Views: 182
  • True colour in a PSD file.png
    True colour in a PSD file.png
    548.3 KB · Views: 167
After changing the C to 72% and M to 17% the colour in the photo opened through Lightroom appears the same, however colour code is completely different as well as the other values in RGB, HSB and Lab. Lightroom 'External Editing' settings are standard.

I’m not sure what you are doing (but I am sure you are not doing it in iOS), but the explanation may be as follows. When you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, you will send it in a certain color space. The default is ProPhotoRGB, but your settings can be different. Photoshop will normally retain that space. When you create a new image in Photoshop, it will be created in the ‘working space’ that is set in the Color Management Settings of Photoshop. These spaces are not necessarily the same and (contrary to popular belief) do not have to be the same, but same colors in different color spaces have different color values. That is most likely what you see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back