• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Fuji X-Trans users: What is the consensus on using LR to process Fujifilm X-Trans RAW files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Operating System:MacOS
Exact Lightroom Version: Classic 7.1
I am considering a Mirrorless camera, specifically the Fujifilm X-E3. Can I get excellent results using an all LR workflow? What is the current opinion on LRs ability to handle the X-Trans sensor data, specifically the Fujifilm X-E3?

Also I am looking for opinions on the Iridient Developer software and the Iridient X-Transformer Fujifilm RAF to DNG conversion utility.

I think it's one of those "blind man would like to see it" situations. It's visible if you pixel peep and you're looking for it, but when was the last time someone walked round your house with a magnifying glass examining the leaves in a beautiful landscape? On a billboard, it might notice a little more, but if people are looking that hard at the minutest of details, then the question is why the photo isn't good enough to hold their attention.

Hi Victoria,

Yes, I think you are spot on. I suppose one can get carried away with a level of detail with the danger that it transcends the actual reason for view an image. I've seen beautiful work which is out of focus. Technical aspirations should be second to artistic flair (unless we are talking about a technical piece of photography such as copywork etc!).

Thanks for your enlightening comments.
Dayve

Technical aspirations should be second to artistic flair (unless we are talking about a technical piece of photography such as copywork etc!).

For those of us, who have not an artistic bone and have to rely on technical knowledge, I have to disagree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back