• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Fuji RAW - graduate filter blurs image like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

reach

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, welcome to my first post here!
I'm taking picures to sell my Canon gear online. Since my very sloppy setup is darker at the right, I added a graduated brightness filter (hope that's the right translation) ~ +0,7 stops from right to left at some images and THIS happens. See the before- and after screenshots.

The first example has only WB batch-synced.
The second example has just undergone some cropping.

I upgraded at the same time from Canon to Fuji and from Lightroom 5.xy to LR Classic 8, so I have no idea if this is a general LR issue or just one with Fuji RAWs, but it's really weird. What do you think?

Attachments

• 1_rs.png
    1_rs.png
    748.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 2_rs.png
    2_rs.png
    512 KB · Views: 204
  • 3_rs.png
    3_rs.png
    685.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 4_rs.png
    4_rs.png
    465.5 KB · Views: 203
In your problem images, did you inadvertently set Clarity or Sharpness to a negative value?

In your problem images, did you inadvertently set Clarity or Sharpness to a negative value?

Yes, I did! I had the idea tonight during sleep and checked this morning. Before I read your post. I didn't even know there is such a slider for graduate sharpness and since it was completeley to the left my eyes apparently didn't notice something unusual. God this is embarassing. Is it possible to just delete this post please? I see you're a moderator, so maybe you can.

Is it possible to just delete this post please? I see you're a moderator, so maybe you can.

Generally speaking, we'd prefer to leave such posts up, as they might (and often do) help someone else with the same problem.

There's really no need to feel embarrassed....one of the reasons we can often diagnose the likely cause of an issue is because we've done it ourselves and so learnt from our mistake.

Generally speaking, we'd prefer to leave such posts up, as they might (and often do) help someone else with the same problem.

There's really no need to feel embarrassed....one of the reasons we can often diagnose the likely cause of an issue is because we've done it ourselves and so learnt from our mistake.

The good thing is, it helped me find this place here. Seems to be a great resource for Lightroom questions. You might read from me more often now ;-)

It happens to everyone. Forums are around so you can solve any hiccup and every learns something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back