• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukesharp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
CC 2015.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Looking to export a web gallery to wordpress but struggling. I have found a workaround by creating a slideshow in LR then exporting as jpeg, however I want to show the filenames on each image so that people can order the images they want. Slideshow works perfectly, but when I export as jpeg each image has the same filename on it. Any idea why, and how I can remedy this?

Take a look at all of the numerous Lightroom/Wordpress Plugins. One will likely give you the customization that you need.

It is a while since I actively configured a Wordpress site. I would look for a Wordpress Slideshow plug-in (not a Lr plug-in) that can be configured to use the Title or Caption metadata Field and then put what ever text you want in the Title or Caption field.

I am using a combination of WP/LR Sync ($20), WordPress Real Media Library ($24) and Justified Image Grid ($26) for my website. With the first plugin you can easily transfer photos from your Lightroom library to your WordPress website. The second one lets you sort your photos into albums (and more), while the last one handles the way your photos are displayed. They work great together and you can easily achieve what you want with them (and much more).

Have fun!

Last edited:
I am using a combination of WP/LR Sync ($20), WordPress Real Media Library ($24) and Justified Image Grid ($26) for my website. With the first plugin you can easily transfer photos from your Lightroom library to your WordPress website. The second one lets you sort your photos into albums (and more), while the last one handles the way your photos are displayed. They work great together and you can easily achieve what you want with them (and much more).

Have fun!

So with WP/LR sync, can I include a LR web gallery or is it individual images? Because when I do a web gallery from LR I can produce the images with the filenames, but it wont let me (or I cant figure out how to) export the jpegs with the filenames on them so that people can order the images. If I use Slideshow I have the option to export with the filenames as a kind of watermark, but in practice, bizarrely it doesn't seem to work. On screen each image has its requisite filename as a watermark, but on exporting they all use the same filename.

So with WP/LR sync, can I include a LR web gallery or is it individual images? Because when I do a web gallery from LR I can produce the images with the filenames, but it wont let me (or I cant figure out how to) export the jpegs with the filenames on them so that people can order the images. If I use Slideshow I have the option to export with the filenames as a kind of watermark, but in practice, bizarrely it doesn't seem to work. On screen each image has its requisite filename as a watermark, but on exporting they all use the same filename.

I don't think you can sync LR galleries (I don't use them ever). But with WP Real Media you can sort your photos in WordPress into galleries and albums and WP/LR Sync mirrors those within Lightroom. Then you can just move individual photos from your Lightroom library to those galleries and albums all within Lightroom and they get synced to your website.

For instance, if I shoot a new photo in California and want it to be displayed on my California gallery page, then I just move it to that collection in Lightroom and sync. No further actions required in WordPress once everything is set up there.

I have a tip for you, its a workarund.

1. Create your album with your pictures in the desktop version LR CC
2. Now jump to web based LR CC
3. Go to "display" in the album
4. Make your sort arrangements
5. Goto "sharing" and make it shareable incl. make it downloadable
6. Jump to the web share, download the whole album (press the 3 dots upper right corner)
7. In the zip file all the jpg's are numbered with 1.., 2.., 3.. and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back