frequent crashes with Lightroom 6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceesjw

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Happy user of Lightroom for many years!
Started using 6.3, but already had to roll back to 6.1.1 due to serious crashes.

Had the same crashes with 6.0:
when working in Lightroom PC suddenly shuts down completely and starts up again, of course also leaving the database in an undetermined state.
In chat with support finaly Adobe admitted that there was an incompatibility between 6.0 and my video card Nvidia Geforce GT650
and that I had to wait voor 6.1; it got indeed resolved in that version.
After initial testing I did not use 6.2 like many others.

Now that 6.3 is there the old import screen is back
AND SO ARE THE CRASHES.

Today no chat possible with Adobe, will do as first action on Monday.
But as you may understand: this is VERY frustrating.

rgds, Cees

They called me on Wednesday (welcome surprise!) and would call me back in 15 minutes, the call still has to come.. Probably I need to contact them again.

They've probably been closed for Thanksgiving.

The problem seems to be solved now, indeed HW-related. Stress tests by repair-shop: CPU overheated due to dried out paste. Have been able to work full day in Lightroom 6.3, no problem. Indeed Lightroom as such did not cause the problem. Thanks all for the feedback!

Happy user of Lightroom for many years!
Started using 6.3, but already had to roll back to 6.1.1 due to serious crashes.

Had the same crashes with 6.0:
when working in Lightroom PC suddenly shuts down completely and starts up again, of course also leaving the database in an undetermined state.
In chat with support finaly Adobe admitted that there was an incompatibility between 6.0 and my video card Nvidia Geforce GT650
and that I had to wait voor 6.1; it got indeed resolved in that version.
After initial testing I did not use 6.2 like many others.

Now that 6.3 is there the old import screen is back
AND SO ARE THE CRASHES.

Today no chat possible with Adobe, will do as first action on Monday.
But as you may understand: this is VERY frustrating.

rgds, Cees

Hi!
I'm in the same situation as yours and totally sympathise. It is unacceptable from Adobe.
I've been a Lighroom user (and buyer BTW) from day one and loved it. But trouble started when I upgraded to 6. I work on a Mac computer and everytime after I use lighroom 6 my computer freezes or crashes.
What's more when I reopen, some of my preferences and presets have changed?! and a whole lot of other weird stuff happens.

I've tried all the updates, reinstalled the CD, etc... nothing doing. My Mac repair guy (who's the best professional Mac geek around) has looked into it but couldn't fix the problem.
It is for ADOBE TO SOLVE the problem but of course they don't. I may sound paranoid but I have a feeling Adobe wants us to use CC (which I won't) is it a coincidence that lightroom 6 is full of unfixable bugs just when adobe introduces CC, I wonder?
I'm through with wasting my time trying to understand what's wrong, I'm going to an older version and will look for another editing program.

Good luck to you and to the dedicated, supportive and skillful Lighroom team.
Cheers, Bri

I'm in the same situation as yours and totally sympathise. It is unacceptable from Adobe.
It is for ADOBE TO SOLVE the problem
Most people running LR on a Mac don't experience your problem. Which suggests that if you are running the last update to LR6 (6.14) and still experience crashes, then the problem resides entirely in your computer. First of all the minimum specs is Apple MacOS X 10.10 while your profile says that you are running 10.9. You need to upgrade your OS to 10.13.2 (High Sierra) as well as the latest and last update to LR6. If you are uptown date on LR version and OS version and still have problems, then those problems are probably hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back