Forum software upgrade

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Is there any way to tell what software they use if they don't show it, like here at the very bottom?
Such as -- is that copyright notice at the bottom hard-coded into this forum software, or is it configurable whether to show it or not?
Never mind - I found a workaround. Apparently it's those Drag-Select Link Text extensions in combination with "Enable Right Click and Copy" extension. I white listed this site in the latter extension, and now hitting any of the editor's toolbar buttons behaves as they should. That latter extension just isn't needed for this site anyways, but there's no way to reverse its behavior to only act on those sites that disallow right clicking.

Thanks, anyways.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Such as -- is that copyright notice at the bottom hard-coded into this forum software, or is it configurable whether to show it or not?
Most show it at the bottom by default, unless they've paid extra to remove the branding.

PhilBurton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
New problem: Printing issues that first appeared 2-3 days ago. Victoria, did you upgrade the forum software around that time?

Problem 1:
When I created a PDF of a thread, I used to get text in the PDF. That meant I could use the Adobe Acrobat tool to highlight specific words, which is cool. Now I get an "image." I have encountered other websites that do this, that is, display a webpage so that the print is an image rather than text. Annoying, but Acrobat has a "recognize text" option.

Problem 2:
No workaround for this problem. When I try to print a thread, only the first page gets printed, using the Firefox browser. Using the Edge browser (Windows 10), the print to PDF uses a built-in feature of that browser, and Edge simply hangs, with no PDF ever created.

I have not done any tests under the Chrome browser, because I don't use Chrome due to Google's intrusive tracking and data collection.

Phil Burton

Phil Burton

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
New problem: Printing issues that first appeared 2-3 days ago. Victoria, did you upgrade the forum software around that time?
No forum software upgrades since the main upgrade weeks ago. If this is a new issue, maybe look at plugins you've added to your browser?

PhilBurton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
No forum software upgrades since the main upgrade weeks ago. If this is a new issue, maybe look at plugins you've added to your browser?
Victoria,

I haven't added any new plug-ins to FireFox. I'm not sure about auto-updates. However, the fact that I have issues with two different browers may mean something.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Phil, can you email me a PDF you did previously, and one of the same thread as it's created now please? I can't reproduce these issues on my Mac, and I won't have access to my Windows machine for a couple of weeks, but that might offer some clues.

PhilBurton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Phil, can you email me a PDF you did previously, and one of the same thread as it's created now please? I can't reproduce these issues on my Mac, and I won't have access to my Windows machine for a couple of weeks, but that might offer some clues.
Done.

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Problem 1:
When I created a PDF of a thread, I used to get text in the PDF. That meant I could use the Adobe Acrobat tool to highlight specific words, which is cool. Now I get an "image." I have encountered other websites that do this, that is, display a webpage so that the print is an image rather than text. Annoying, but Acrobat has a "recognize text" option.

Problem 2:
No workaround for this problem. When I try to print a thread, only the first page gets printed, using the Firefox browser. Using the Edge browser (Windows 10), the print to PDF uses a built-in feature of that browser, and Edge simply hangs, with no PDF ever created.
I can confirm both of these issues in Win10 Firefox - both the release version (v59.0.2 IIRC) and beta v60.0b16

I tested Chrome too (it's the only thing that will still work with Google Voice -- coincidence? :sneaky: ). All the pages printed to pdf just fine, but it was still as an image.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud

PhilBurton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
A bit of a Google came up with this documentation that seems to suggest it's a browser issue Printing to PDF from Firefox or Chrome – Bullzip Knowledge Base but I'll test further when I get access to my Windows machine
Almost. I can still print even now PDFs as text from other websites using FireFox and Adobe Acrobat. For some websites, I have never been able to print PDFs as text. In fact, I just printed off as a PDF one of the webpages frrom the Bullzip website, and it did print off as text!

Phil

Last edited: