Foreign location names: English or native?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildVanilla

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi

I'm having a good sort out of my LR keywords this weekend.

I've noticed I have foreign locations in both English and native language. For instance, I have mixed tags (from different visits) for:
  • Germany > Bavaria > Munich
  • Deutschland > Bayern > München
Each keyword has the synonym of the other so I'm not missing anything either way, and I know there's no right or wrong / it's up to each of us! Just made me wonder, though, what do other people do?

Cheers

Rob

I'd pick whatever I'd search on, which would be English, for sure. Having the others as synonyms is a good idea.

Probably depends on whether you're publishing photos in Deutsch or German.... Yours seems a good solution. Not sure what I'd do about the location tags though...that's tougher. I'd tend to wanna use native language, if available there. Good question though.

I can't even decide whether to use local or adjusted time, either to UTC or my home. I think with these kind of questions it isn't so much the answer, but being consistent.

I always use UTC, and all names are native so far. But that has been limited to USA, Caribbean, South America and Europe. I have no idea what I will do when I eventually visit Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back