• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

FONTS - specifically Lithos Pro added to LR2/Mogrify

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BH1

Is it feasible to add this font to LR2/Mogrify? I have been using this font with elements and would really like to somehow get it into my LR flow.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum!

Mogrify can be a little bit fussy about some fonts, but I've just checked the Mac version, and it works on here, so it's worth a go. It's just a case of navigating to the font using the LR/Mogrify export dialog, like the screenshot below. On May the path is /Library/Fonts/LithosPro-Regular.otf but on Windows it'll be something like C:WindowsFonts... it might be a hidden folder, so if you can't find it, don't panic.

I really shouldn't reply before I've had my first cup of coffee.... took the screenshot, saved it nicely on the desktop.... and left it there. Doh!

I am unable to "choose" with windows LR2?Mogrify. It only gives me the option to refresh list but Lithos Pro is not an option on the font list. :(

Ah ok, so the Windows version works differently. Are any other fonts missing? Is it a normal ttf file? Does it appear in all other programs?

I'd like the answer to this one as well, I'm not seeing *any* fonts in that box, my only choice is refresh, which seems to do nothing.
Edit: although, I just realized, I haven't tried restart/reboot yet, since noticing the problem while investigating this thread.

I haven't checked other at this point but I will compare the fonts. Definitely differences but it is an Adobe font that I am aware of and it is in PSE7. It must reside somewhere.

My opinion is that LR2/Mogrify for Win doesn't take into account any *.otf font. Personally, I converted those I need to *.ttf.

Seems that there are only a couple that want to work on my maschine. Is there an easy way to convert the font? I can't say that I have ever tried this before. In fact I have searched and to no avail been able to find the hiding spot that PSE uses to hide the font. :(

As far as I remember I used a trial version of FontCreator... On the other hand I'm not so sure if the licence for OpenType Font wasn't broken in this manner :)

Likely, the LithosPro resides in drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

Ah hah! That might be it! I wonder if Mogrify only looks in the standard fonts folder...? You never know, copying it to normal fonts *might* work.

I copied this to Fonts folder, but I think LR2/Mogrify can't see *.otf.
I remember that I also tried to add the font to the Mogrify configuration file... Maybe it was the solution instead of conversion to ttf. I'll look at it when at home and let you know.

Ok I've checked it.

I've added this entry:
<type name="LithosPro" fullname="Lithos Pro Regular" family="Lithos Pro" foundry="" weight="4''" style="normal" stretch="normal" format="otf" metrics="" glyphs="c:\windows\fonts\LithosPro-Regular.otf"/>
to the type-ghostscript.xml file in the imagemagick folder

And I've got no lithos*.ttf font in the Fonts folder.

B.K. - YOU ROCK!!!!! :) They need little jumping and flipping smilies!!!!

So I have finally been able to produce the Lithos Pro Regular thanks to B.K.

The string entry was added via copy and paste to the type-ghostscript.xml file. The LPR file was pasted to imagemagick and tada!!!! Here is the proof.

Well done! That's an impressive bit of troubleshooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back