Folder names are grayed out in Library module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lsuber

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I just noticed today that the majority of my folder names are grayed out in the left pane of the Library module, and the total number of photos in each of the grayed out folders is just shown as "..." now. I seem to still have photos in each of the grayed out folders, and can export and edit and all, but I'm wondering what's changed that caused most of the folder names to gray out. The "?" is not present, so I'm assuming the links to the photos on the hard drive are still good. Just a little concerning that a problem may be brewing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also have one folder that I can't delete from my library. It's grayed out, but unlike the others, it also has a question mark beside it. I can't get Lightroom to re-associate with the folder (it's empty anyway). When I try I get an error that says "An internal error has occurred: assertion failed!" Not sure what's going on....

Hi Lsuber, welcome to the forum! Apologies for the delay in getting to your thread.

It does sound like you have some catalog issues there. Try something for me... select all and go to File menu > Export as Catalog. Uncheck the 'include negatives' and 'include previews' at the bottom, and just export it somewhere easy to find. Then go double click on that catalog and see if it shows the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back