• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Foggy photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgardenboy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Borrowed my daughters Canon R5 took some photos all RAW put the Cfexpress card into the reader imported with copy convert to DNG. All the preview photos were foggy you couldn’t click on any of them, then up came a message unable to find any photos. Could this be that the R5 is new and not yet compatible with Lightroom

Borrowed my daughters Canon R5 took some photos all RAW put the Cfexpress card into the reader imported with copy convert to DNG. All the preview photos were foggy you couldn’t click on any of them, then up came a message unable to find any photos. Could this be that the R5 is new and not yet compatible with Lightroom
No, that can't be the reason. Lightroom Classic supports the Canon R5 since version 9.4. And if Lightroom does not yet support a camera, you will not be able to import its raw images at all. Did you rename the photos on import? If so, what new name did you give them?

No I did what I always do with mine put the card in the reader pressed Import it found the card which is in the menu as EOS and pressed import there was no import bar on the top left but the photos come on screen but you can’t do anything with them. Funnily enough my daughter has just signed up to LRC and she can’t load them on to her Lightroom but the SD card works just fine. She has formatted the card but still cannot get any photos into Lightroom.

Apparently a CFExpress card is not seen as a memory card, but as an external hard drive, so I'm told. That means that Lightroom must have permissions to access such a volume in MacOS Catalina. Check that this is the case. You can also give Lightroom 'Full disk Access' just to make sure.

catalinasecurity.png

Here are two screenshots which show the grayed out photos and the Lightroom access to the folders. I am now updated to Big Sur 11.0.1 and it is no different regarding the import as Catalina was.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 12.20.19.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 12.20.19.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 12.26.37.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 12.26.37.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 135
In your first screenshot you may not have a destination folder selected yet. If you do not select a destination folder, then Lightroom does not know where to copy the images to and so the dialog will not allow you to start the import process. Another possibility is that you have 'Do not import suspected duplicates' checked in the File Handling panel and Lightroom thinks these are all duplicates.

Do not import suspected duplicates was not selected, and when I click on destination folders I just get a blank screen. However now when I click on a single picture it tells me it is already been imported, but when I go into library I cannot find them in any of the folders that are there. I know the date the photos were taken but there is no folder with that date.

No they aren’t there either, is there any way to import them again?
If Lightroom says that they are already imported, then that must be true. You could rename them to see if Lightroom then wants to import them, but it would be better to find out what is going on.

No they aren’t there either, is there any way to import them again?
Did you try searching Lightroom by File Name or Capture date? If Lightroom thinks they are in the catalog then they are in the catalog somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back