Not open for further replies.

ralf11

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I'd like to find all photos with an equivalent focal length - i.e. 20 mm on my Full frame cameras, 10 on m43 bodies, etc.

I could not find a way to do this in LR on by searching here (except for a LR2 question on absolute focal length).

Thanks!

I'd like to find all photos with an equivalent focal length - i.e. 20 mm on my Full frame cameras, 10 on m43 bodies, etc.

I could not find a way to do this in LR on by searching here (except for a LR2 question on absolute focal length).

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure that you can do this in the filter bar, but I can’t check it right now or show a screenshot because I type this on my iPad and have no access to a desktop computer.

For clarity, LR out of the box can do this for each sensor size -- you select all the cameras, then select all images of a given focal length. What it cannot do is simultaneously select (say) 150mm for full frame while selecting 100mm for a DX crop, so it takes N successive searches for N sensor sizes (times X for X focal lengths you want to find).

If you want to get all images with an equivalent focal length, so say all images of your full frame camera with 100mm and all images with your MFT camera with 50mm, then you can create a smart collection for it. It's a bit complicated to set up, but here's how it should look. Of course you can extend this if there are more than two cameras involved.

Lightroom.jpg

Attachments

• Lightroom.jpg
    Lightroom.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 218
Thx - I'll have to set up a Smart collection for a dozen cameras...

How do I add the subset 'AND' condition?

i.e. the "all are true" of camera + focal length, which goes 'inside' each of the sensor size categories

Thx - I'll have to set up a Smart collection for a dozen cameras...

How do I add the subset 'AND' condition?

i.e. the "all are true" of camera + focal length, which goes 'inside' each of the sensor size categories
Hold the Alt/Option key. The plus icon will change into a # icon. Click on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back