• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

flag and rating not showing up anymore under images

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Classic
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

probably a stupid question but I noticed since my LR re-installation that line for flagging, star rating and color lables is not showing up anynmore in the black bar under the pictures in loupe or grid view. I know the filter attributes are are showing on the top in the filter bar above the image but I am just so used to have it below in the black bar between the image window and the film strip.

How can I get these things back there?

Thnaks in advance.

Regards,
Tom

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
The "black bar" is a part of the "Filmstrip" Ratings and color labels are shown in the thumbnails in the filmstrip and AFAIK have never been anywhere else in that panel. Just above the Filmstrip is the "Toolbar" in the Library module and it does show ratings and labels when selected using the down pointing triangle on the right side of the tool bar. The toolbar can be toggled on or off using the "T" shortcut key.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
hmmm, strange? But I dont mean the toolbar where you have the capture time and all this stuff on the left. I am talking about the black bar just below the toolbar.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Ahh, thats what I mean Roelof.

the part between the file name and filter, how can I gat this back there and why is is not showing there anymore or why is it obviously not showing for everyone?

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
This is strange, now when I click on the filter I can make the flags and ratings show up again by selection but I am 100% sure that 10min ago I did not have this option when eI tried this AND I still have no option to make the color lables appear as in your picture