Fixing my Keywords so they are all "Included on Export"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryRichardson

Lightroom Version Number
LightRoom 6 Perpetual
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a couple thousand keywords. Somehow a percentage of them are not marked to be included when I export image files. Do I have to individually select each keyword, right-click, select "Edit Keyword Tag," then choose "Include on Export?" And do this a couple thousand times. Or is there a way to select all my keywords at once and globally assign the designation of "Include on Export?" Otherwise, as I have been advised by my editor, my list of keywords on my individual images are extremely limited and ineffective.

I do not know of a mass change option for keywords. You can export your list of Keywords and then see which ones don't export. You can also look for plugins that may be able to do what you want.

The database that is the LR catalog has a column with a flag the is the determining factor whether the keyword is going to export or not. Someone with the right SQLLite database skill could update that column. If you do that with a copy of your LRCAT file you have a fall back should the SQLLite update corrupt the catalog.

Thank you both for your replies. I will suggest to Adobe this feature change. Perhaps it will go somewhere. I will also look into a plugin. I am not too skilled, and to break into my database and manipulate it would be too scary for me.

I don't know of a plugin that does it, but I do have a script which should work. I'm just looking at what might be going wrong.

John,

This script much appreciated.

Phil Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back